One of the initiatives our current PCTC Board of Directors has been discussing is the introduction of a Mentorship Program. Our Mentorship Program provides our members the opportunity to connect in a one-to-one relationship with people who are new to Canada so they can learn about doing business in Canada and with the Philippines, and adjusting to life in Canada. Each of us have a great deal of experience that we could share to help others.
The Board feels that this may be a good opportunity to engage our members, promote trade and business opportunities with the Philippines and to help and serve others. We feel that this could also help attract new members.
We have an opportunity to pilot a mentorship program with Outcome Life, an Australian based organization who have a mentorship model that they have used working with Rotary clubs in Australia. They are interested in working with organizations in Canada. This service will provide the logistics support to run a Mentorship program.
Program overview and Mentor expectations:
- The pilot project will run from April through June (12 weeks)
- Students for the pilot project will be from Acsenda School of Management and all registered in an undergraduate degree program in either hospitality management, general management, marketing, finance, human resources, accounting, management information systems or international business – the matching can be related to the student’s study, but doesn’t have to be as it is more about life in Canada.
- Registration will be done online through the Mentor Match software program
- Mentors will be expected to connect virtually or in person with their mentee about 6 times.
- There is a very brief online form to fill out after each meeting.
There is no cost to the student or to the mentors for registration in the program.
For the pilot program we need fifteen (15 mentors from PCTC. Can you help out?
Please respond to Neil Mort at [email protected] or to Francisco Lingad at [email protected] by Sunday March 6th, 2022.
Philippines Canada Trade Council
Trade Relations, Mentorship, Entrepreneurship Development and Advisory